Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Final (and continually developing) PLN

My PLN has grown exponentially since the last time I examined it. I don't really think about it, it's just become my go-to work station. But I did try the symbaloo thing for a while and wound up dropping that. It was a cool idea and I still have the page, but I think I like what I had before. I've made my internet home page like my dashboard. From there anything I need is just one or two clicks away. Twitter has also developed into a nice addition to my PLN. Admittedly I'm not on it as much, but I have used it to understand that I'm going to explore it a little more when summer comes. I know we've been looking at each others blogs along with countless professionals, but just lately it has really hit me how valuable the blogging network can be in a PLN. Just posting of raw information alone is amazing, but the communication aspect alone expands the playing field incredibly. For one of my other classes we studied an author who was the an expert in that subject, and after a quick google search I posted on his blog. Within a couple of days we had emailed a few times. I would have never imagined that this could have been possible. Blogging connected me, a student who's just now stepping into the classroom for the first time, to a scholar who's been at this for years. I think my PLN is taking me places... and it's something that's ongoing too. I plan on using the skills I've learned here to help me keep learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment