Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K #9

My First comment brought me into a classroom all the way in Egypt. Their latest posts commented about a few projects they had been working on. One of the most notable topics was their classroom reading project. They got to choose their favorite character in the story they were reading and then they took turns acting out different scenes. Another thing they mentioned were the projects they were doing in different languages! This is what stood out the most to me, and it's what I commented back on. I thought it was pretty amazing they could do different school projects in at least three different languages! I told them how I wished our school systems here required us to learn more than one language, because while they are 10 and 13 year olds and already fluent in three languages, I'm 20 and just now picking up Spanish.

Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog
Mrs. Yollis' class has been doing something that I think is very interesting. Through their class blog, not only have they connected with other students in classroom across the world, they have also brought invited their friends and family members into the classroom! What a great way to connect families and the local community into the school! Mrs. Yollis has also advocated many lessons while the family blogging moth has been going on. For instance she has shown her students how to navigate the internet safely and also explained how to leave a well structured, grammatically correct comment that pertains to the material on the blog. I commented on their great idea and the success they've been having!

Jaden's Awesome Blog
     Jaden has picked a mascot for his blog named Mr. California! Mr. California is a chipmunk who enjoys playing all kinds of sports like basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey, and tennis. He also mentions his friends from other blogs that are all classmates. I commented back and told him that I didn't have a mascot for my blog yet! If I had to pick one it would be Mr. Chompers, an alligator from Key Largo, Florida who likes to swim and relax in the sun all day. Hopefully both Mr. California and Jaden will comment back!

No comments:

Post a Comment