Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Little About Me

Hello!
My name is Miles Bubbett, and I'm currently studying to be a elementary teacher at the University of South Alabama. Before I wound up down in Mobile I lived in Helena Alabama. It's just about twenty minutes south of Birmingham, and it will always be home. Both of my parents taught in the school system I grew up in. My mom is the choir teacher at Thompson Middle and my dad is the band director at Thompson High, so my family is very musical. I have a little sister who's about to be driving on her own (fair warning), and whenever we get together we always have a lot of fun. Finally the little guy in the picture is named Michael. My family has taken him in for a while and he has been a little bundle of joy for the past 13 or so months.
Obviously with my background I love music! Both creating music and listening. I grew up learning piano and that introduced me to other instruments. I also grew playing soccer and that has stuck with me as well. It's not the most popular past time here in the south, but personally it's the greatest sport on this planet. I don't play competitively anymore, but if I have time I like to go start pickup games over at the rec center. I wound up in Mobile because I played soccer. One of the teams I played with traveled to the bay area to play a tournament and I fell in love with the place. One visit to Fairhope and I was hooked. I looked for local schools, discovered South, and then visited the campus. A year and a half and I'm still here.


I'm still new to the world of blogging and I'm currently trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. If you have any advice, please feel free to let me know!

1 comment: